Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Scallop Square Rag Purse

I've been dying to have a go at making a rag quilt bag for ages and i finally got around to it on the weekend. I followed a tutorial on you tube by Angie Kennedy Juda AKA Chicnscratch, click  here to watch the video. It was fairly simple to make and i loved that you can cut the material on the big shot with the scallop square die. I am still to wash it and make it all raggy but couldn't wait to show it off.

Standing Up
Well the sewing Mojo was flowing i made another bag testing out my new quilting mat, rotary cutter & ruler set, its so much easier to cut in a straight line now,lol.

This was the first bag i made, so don't look to closely,lol the handles are crooked. I followed the instructions and sewed them in before the bag took shape instead of eye balling them afterwards. All well we live & learn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment